Virtual Workshop #1: How to Score a 8.0 on the IELTS?
Time & Location
About the Event
Phuong Thao Nguyen
Phuong Thao is a senior at Hanoi-Amsterdam high school for the Gifted. Phuong Thao got into Foreign Language Specialized School and High school for Gifted students during the high school entrance exam. In her junior year, she scored an 8.5 on the IELTS (9.0 Reading and Listening). At school, she is a former actress and dancer for her school’s play and is the costume director this year. She is Head of Editor at the writing club and Head Organizer at a workshop that aims to help aspiring future Amsers. She takes part in the baking club and writing club at her school and has participated in multiple fund-raising events. She is also Head of Content for a project that teaches mountainous children to cook. Outside of school, she is the Co-founder of cooking blog Magenta and an English teaching assistant. She has received a Distinction on her ABRSM Piano Test.
Quynh Anh Dao
Quynh Anh is a rising junior at Lake Forest Academy. Quynh Anh is the co-founder of the IELTS Speaking Club and a host of the OMZ podcast. She not only is a part of the Basketball, Track and Field, and Badminton teams but also is involved in multiple clubs at her school such as Interact, Model UN, Asian Culture Union (leadership position), and FBLA. She is also a digital brand ambassador for her school and the IMUN organization. She has received an award of Verbal Commendation from IMUN and multiple awards from FBLA Illinois.
Ms. Huyen Le
- Masters of Education at Concordia College Chicago, US
- Pedagogical certificate in Education Consultation at UPenn
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Consultation at the University of California in San Diego ( UCSD)
- A member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association ( IECA)
- A member of Asia Pacific Career Development Association
- Global Vocational Guidance DNA Skills
- 2 years of experience at Lab School - Concordia University, Grace Primary School River Forest (Grade 2), Oak Park River Forest High School ( SAT Mentoring)
- 7 years working as Principal Assistant Concordia International School Hanoi
- With more than 10 years in the field of educational consulting and developing the curriculum for the specialized English students as well as standardized preparation for TOEFL IBT, IELTS, SSAT, SAT, ACT
- Her students have achieved 118/120 TOEFL IBT, 8.5 IELTS and with generations of students getting into Amsterdam High School for the Gifted, CNN, achieving scholarships to high schools and universities in America, England, Australia, and Europe.